Linggo, Nobyembre 17, 2013

Last Order sa Penguin Analysis

We did a play about Last Order sa Penguin which was created by Chris Martinez. I heard his name before because I remembered him in making  the indie movie Babae sa Septic Tank. Anyway, the story is about a group of friends who are having a bonding time at bar called Penguin. They talk about life, love and anxiety of turning thirty soon.

The lines in the play are relatable and real. The characters of the stories does exist in this modern world. I personally like two characters: Sweet and Dyna. Sweet is the rose vendor that would randomly appear in the story. I like about this character because Sweet adds humour to the play. Also, he is one of those people who manipulate others by using love. Sweet said that they should buy three roses to give a "special" I love you. On the other hand, I like Dyna since I think I see myself  years from now like her. I mean not being a cougar but being desperate in finding true love. I have always been scared to be alone when I'm old already. That is why she gives me interest.

At this stage of life, this play made me realize that there will still be turning points in your life that make or break you. When was really young, I thought that when you turned eighteen you know what you want to do with you life. And by the time you turned thirty, you feel accomplished with your life. But obviously, I was wrong. I am currently eighteen and I don't even know what is life. Last Order sa Penguin is right. We haves set deadlines to ourselves that would eventually disappoint us. We are in a  constant change and we are continually learning until we die. It sounds pretty much like torture. Well maybe, adds some friends to this so-called-life to add flavour to it.

1 komento:

  1. Congratulations on your great perf on the recital! I felt like our group acting was way too far from yours :O

    I somewhat feel the same thing too. The play somewhat felt reminiscent to our teenage years or transfer to college life where we are living through multiple changes and learning from it.

    TumugonBurahin