Lunes, Oktubre 14, 2013

We Real cool Analysis

We  Real cool by Gwendolyn Brooks
The Pool Players. Seven at the Golden Shovel.
We real cool.
We left School.
We lurk late.
We strike straight.
We sing Sin.
We thin gin.
We Jazz June.
We Die soon.
The speakers of this poem are seven young people playing pool at the Golden Shovel. Brooks put herself in their shoes rather than seeing it in “mature” people’s perspective. Together, the teenagers are doing things that society thinks are done by irresponsible people; like drinking gin, cutting school and going home late. They found happiness being in their group. In the poem, we see the camaraderie and outcome of having young people as one. These teenagers see life as very short not to have fun. So, why not live most out of it? 

As a young adult, I admit that I do crazy things not because I do not respect rules but rather to learn from experiences. I believe that I am not here in this world just to conform but rather to live. Older people around me might say not to do this or that. However in my opinion, I do not feel like I will grow as person if I will not know from my “mistakes.” Currently eighteen, I think I have the energy to do the things I want to do before I die soon. But I know that still need to be cautious because I want those memories to memorable and not regretful.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento